Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Origin of "My Two Cents"

The origin of the idiom, "my two cents," appears in the lesson of a widow's strength both in the Gospel of Mark and the Gospel of Luke.  The story told of several wealthy patrons that donated large sums of money to the Temple of Jerusalem, while an extremely poor widow places just two small coins (her two cents) into the offering. She then receives greater rewards because she gave all of her money, while the wealthy patrons made little investment, leaving much money for themselves.

This Nana selected to title her blog, "Nana's Two Cents," to tell her own stories, share opinions/ideas, and strength about life situations.  Enjoy and please don't hesitate to "throw in your own two cents!"


1 comment:

  1. I'll add my two cents for what it's worth. I can't wait to read your blog. I'm sure you will make every day happenings and adventures even more fun and exciting with your great sense of humor and way with words.

    ReplyDelete